To know Jesus Christ and make Him known
Our passion is to glorify, love and live for God as followers of Jesus Christ. Through God’s Word, the Bible, we disciple and equip people to grow in love for God and each other; and to spread the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Passionate for Jesus: Jesus said to his disciples (Mt 22:37) that the first and the greatest commandment is to love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul and with all our mind. Our prayer is that we as a church will grow in our love for God every day and will be passionate in our love for our Lord Jesus which in turn leads us to living passionately for God.
- Bible/Gospel Focused & Reformed: We believe that the preached Word is the focus of our corporate worship. Our everyday life and ministry should be Bible based (2 Tim 3:16) and Gospel focused. Our belief that the Bible is the only Word of God should transform our lives and grow us in our faith in Christ. Reformed theology is what we stand for.
- Prayer: Total dependency on God is foundational to our belief. We serve a living God who hears us and answers us when we pray. Jesus taught us how to pray (Mt 6:9), he demonstrated in his own life and ministry that prayer is vital for any Christian. We desire that prayer will be a culture in our church where we grow in our dependence on God through prayer.
- Every Member Ministry: We believe that God has gifted every member of his church (1 Cor 12:14-27) with gifts and talents and everyone has a part to play. Therefore we encourage everyone to use their gifts and talents to serve in the church and for the service of the community at large.
- Accountability: Since we are all accountable to God for our life (Rom 14:12), it will greatly benefit us and grow us as disciples of Christ if we hold ourselves accountable one to another. One of the many avenues for this accountability is to join a small group of our church. Further, one- on-one accountability friendship is another way to grow in Christian life. We encourage this as a culture in our church.
- Care for each other: To love and care for each other (Jn 13:34-35) is a core value we hold on to. And we all recognise the need for it. To be a loving and caring church reflecting the very attribute of God is what we want to be.
- Service: Serving one another wholeheartedly (Eph 6:7) prompted by love is a culture we value and desire to grow in our church. God has given to each one of us grace to serve. There are many ways and avenues one can serve.
- Hospitality/Welcoming: We would like to be known as a hospitable and welcoming church (Heb 13:2). When it is tempting to gather around people we know well, we hope to leave the ‘comfort zone’ to be welcoming and hospitable to new comers and others whom we hardly know.
- Unity in fellowship: To be united in what we believe and stand for is culture that we value. Paul says (1 Cor1:10) “I appeal to you brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought”.
- Personal Devotions: We encourage everyone to spend time with God in prayer (Lk 5:16) and studying the bible every day. To sustain a healthy spiritual life, personal devotion is foundational to every Christian. Daily communion with God will grow us as disciples of Christ and as a church in our love for God. After all, who doesn’t spend time with someone whom you love?
- Mission Minded Community: We want to remain and grow as a community around the Great Commission of Jesus Christ (Mt 28:19-20). To go and make disciples of all nations, to support missionaries, pray for, and take the gospel to those who haven’t heard the good news of Jesus, are the values we want to hold to.
We believe that the Bible is the inspired, infallible Word of God and is the only rule of faith and practice. That its authority does not depend on human belief or acceptance, but on God Himself who is its author. As such the Bible is to be believed, received and obeyed, because it is the Word of God.
We believe that God is a Spirit, infinite, eternal, and He exists in three persons, - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That this God is the creator of this universe and that He created by the power of His word, and he directs and governs all His creatures and all their actions, so that they accomplish the purpose for which they were created.
We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God - fully God and fully man in two distinct natures. That He is the only Redeemer of God's elect, and He accomplished our salvation through His perfect work on the cross, - by dying, being buried and rising bodily from the grave. He now sits at the right hand of God, where He intercedes for His people, and He rules the world as Lord over all things.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third person of the trinity, who works faith in people, and brings them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. He unites people to Christ, and works in their lives giving them power to die to sin and live godly lives.
We believe that all humanity has sinned and fall short of God's perfect standard. That we are unable to save ourselves unless God intervenes in our lives and grants us grace to repent of our sin and place our trust in Christ for salvation and eternal life. We believe that we are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, and that this is the gift of God.
We believe that God has established His church on earth, His holy family, which exists to glorify God by humble hearing and obedience to his word. This obedience primarily consists in praise and thanksgiving, the joyful celebration of Baptism and the Lord's Supper, building each other in the faith and taking the gospel to the world in word and deed.
We believe that Christ, the head of the church has instituted the rule of elders for its maturity and purity.
We believe in the personal, glorious and triumphant return of Jesus Christ when the dead will be raised to be judged. Those that are found in Christ will enter into the life of eternal joy and peace in God's New Heaven and New Earth. Those who are outside of Christ will go to conscious eternal punishment.